The internet is vast and it is easy to get lost while trying to learn about the digital space. Therefore, we have curated links, real digital experiences of new mobile users and factual posts about the use of the internet. You could use this information to further your knowledge, clarify doubts and stay Cyber Salamat.
Did You Know?
A beginners’ guide around the world of internet, this section covers the basics one must know, when they enter cyberspace. This includes internet etiquette, safety tips, internet banking and, primary tools and applications such as email, social media, passwords, accounts.
The internet has a lot to offer, and its offering is only increasing by the day. Here, in this section, we talk about all the benefits that the internet allows us, ranging from connectivity and easy banking; to self learning, welfare schemes and gainful employment.
Along with a host of benefits, the internet also has its cons, which is why it’s vital to monitor your activity and function with care while operating on the internet. Some of the risks discussed in the section include, hacking, trolling, bullying, doxxing, phishing, hate crimes, revenge porn and child pornography. The section also covers prevention & mitigation methods for each of these risks.
- How you can protect yourself from crime
- Child Online Protection in Inida
- Cyberbullying: What is it and how to stop it
- The Issues
- #30sectech norton
- Internet Security Articles
- Child Safety Online
- India: Promoting internet safety amongst 'netizens'
- SBI Warning To All Users: Uninstall These Apps
- Online Harms And A Statutory Duty Of Care
- Dark Patterns TIP Line
- Extortion Gang Busted In Delhi
- Trafficking goes online during pandemic
- Online safety tips
Since cyberspace is a public platform that allows some level of anonymity, it is always subject to information and identity concerns. Therefore, here we have a closer look at the privacy and safety issues linked with the internet, and how one can successfuly tackle them.
- Family Resources
- Child Online Protection
- Explore a safer connected world for children and young people
- Digital Shakti Handbook
- For Parents Keeping Children Safe Online
- 10 Internet safety rules to help keep your family safe online
- 7 Internet Safety Games to Help Kids Become Cyber Smart
- Tips for staying safe online during the COVID-19 pandemic
- UIDAI cautions Aadhaar card holders against fraudsters
- Online safety resources and research
There is a flood of information on the internet, and while it has fast become the source of most news and facts, the information received need not always be accurate. This has been witnessed especially during the COVID pandemic. It’s essential to be aware of unreliable sources and educate yourself to not fall for fake forwards, misleading news, disinformation and misinformation. Here, we attempt to inform people about the same.
Cyber Laws and Rights
Besides preventive and curative measures you can take on your own, to stay safe on the internet, there is also a long list of cyber laws that can help protect you. We discuss the practical use of these laws, to simplify understanding and build awareness around them.